The Northern Lights Contest recognizes outstanding work in Minnesota's government, educational and nonprofit communications, and provides valuable feedback for all entries from the communications professionals who judge the contest.
The contest is conducted annually by the Minnesota Association of Government Communicators.
- Monday, February 1, 2021: Contest opens.
- Monday, March 8, 11:59 p.m.: Contest closes.
(Contest deadline extended from original deadline of March 1.)
Cost to enter
- $85 per entry for MAGC and MACTA members.
- $110 per entry for nonmembers.
- Volunteer to judge, and enjoy a $5 discount on each entry you submit.
How to enter
- Review the contest rules.
- Visit the contest entry site.
- If you have an account from a previous year, you can simply log in. Use the reset password link if you don't remember your password.
- First time entering? Create an account on the contest entry site using your email, or use your Facebook or Twitter login to create an account.
- Click the "Start new entry" button.
- Choose a category to enter. (Specific categories can be chosen after selecting one of the 7 parent categories.)
- Complete the the entry form.
- Submit multiple entries if you like, by repeating the above steps.*
- Proceed to the shopping cart to pay by credit card or invoice after you've completed all your entries.
- Complete, submit and pay for all entries by the entry deadline.
*If you're entering more than one project, you can submit each one as you go. Instead of "Proceed to payment," choose "Return to my entries" until all of your entries have been completed. Then you can "Proceed to payment" and pay for all entries at once.
Details, details ...
Visit the other pages in the Northern Lights menu for a list of the Contest Categories, Contest Rules, Awards Ceremony information, Info for Judges, info about our annual Special Achievement Awards , a list of Past Award Recipients, and info about the Northern Lights Committee.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make sure you get the help you need.