Information for Minnesotan Judges
This year, MAGC is swapping judging duties with NC3C — "the MAGC of North Carolina." Sometime toward the end of February, MAGC's judges will receive a welcome email from NC3C indicating which categories they have been assigned. Judging will take place in March. Please complete your judging duties as soon as you are able.
Benefits of judging
- $5 contest entry discount: Judges can get 5 bucks off each entry they submit in this year's contest.
- $10 award ceremony discount: Judges get a $10 discount on their ticket to the awards ceremony ... if we have an in-person one!
- See what other organizations are doing: Judging may inspire you, and it may validate the work you’ve been doing.
- Contribute to MAGC's success: Serving as a judge is a critical function that takes a lot of people. It's an easy way to help out as an MAGC member.
- Have at least two years of professional experience in the categories they judge.
- Agree to review all submissions assigned to them before the stated deadline.
The time commitment to be a judge depends on the number of entries in the category you will be judging. Last year, most categories received between 3 and 8 entries. We ask judges to offer thoughtful comments about each entry, so it's not uncommon for judging all entries in a category to take a couple of hours.
Sign up to be a judge.